The entire system consists of an X axis, designed as a gantry assembly, a Y axis and a Z axis (three wedge tables under a tabletop) with the ability to tilt and roll. The entire system is built on high-precision machined granite and seated on air bearings for vibration insulation. This allows for a high level or durability and rigidity. The expansion due to heat is also therefore very low. The highly precise running surfaces allow for running accuracies with very narrow tolerances of <1µm.
Special features of the system
- Entire system on air bearings for vibration insulation
- Absorbs vibrations at 2.5 Hz (building vibrations and other)
- Pressure monitoring of the air bearing circuits
- Several compressed air circuits are installed in the system for the air bearings (bars, X axis, table, lifting units)
- Each circuit works with a different air pressure depending on the set pre-tension and altitude.
- The circuits are each monitored by pressure sensors which are integrated into the CAN bus which, in turn, are monitored by the ECOVARIOs.
- If the pressure drops below or exceeds the setpoint, the system will go into quick stop mode.
- The axes cannot be released until the nominal pressure is reached
- Software short-circuit brake integrated
- In the event of a power outage, a short-circuit brake must be installed that achieves a braking effect by bridging the motor phases
- This is implemented via the software short-circuit brake in the ECOVARIO
- This controls the bridging of the motor phases in the ECOVARIO as long as the logic voltage is available
- To maintain the logic voltage during a power outage, an undervoltage supply unit was installed that maintains the voltage in the system for approx. 3-5 seconds which is enough to discharge adequate energy from the system to prevent damage
- The logic voltage also ensures that the air bearings remain pressurised during this, to prevent them from dropping in uncontrolled manner
- Safe slow-run in X and Y integrated
- Safe slow-run using the metal comb integrated
- It is monitored by a PILZ controller
Details about the Z-tilt-shift table
- To fine-tune the application
- Three lifting units on air bearings with 17H19 motors and spindles
- Positioning unit resolution in Z direction < 1 nm due to measuring system resolution (40,000 Ink/R), tilted level and spindle pitch 2 mm
- Additional air bearing surfaces with flexure bearing to guide the table in the X and Y direction.
- Reciprocally pretensioned
- Flexure bearing opens when the air bearing is switched on and when the table tilts and rolls
- Drives are controlled and regulated via an ECOMODULE
- Due to the asynchronous movement of the three lifting units, the table tilts and rolls
- Coordination transformation to calculate the respective travelling length to reach the target angle is currently a development project and is slated to be integrated into the ECOMODULE
Why develop a positioning system together with JAT?
- Full-service – from requirement analysis via projecting to manufacturing
- Concept – free of charge individual CAD design and offer
- Realization – fast implementation through use of in-house developed drive components
- After-sales service – spare part planning and procurement, customer-specific documentation on demand
- Regional responsibility – economical, ecologial, social
- Investment - breaking new grounds together with our customers
Request positioning solution
Depending on the application, JAT develops linear axis systems, rotary table systems and multi-axis systems. Please specify your application as far as you know it. Our drive experts will contact you with possible solutions and a cost estimate.